3.23.2014

Digital Video Projects




I've been thinking about how to best get students involved with video editing.  After doing a some research I came across a project where students read their script they created and have cut out pictures that help to tell their story.  Students would be able to record one long video with a narrator in the background.  Once the video is imported into Movie Maker then students can edit their video by add in transitions, effects, sounds and credits to their project.  I thought this would be great for younger students because now they don't have to worry about memorizing their lines but actually focus on their fluency of the script.  The real learning can all be focused on editing the video to add in the special touches to create a final product.  Think that when students have the power to create their own learning from projects they learn more and it means something to them.    

2 comments:

  1. I think that this project would be great to do with students as an intro to editing and let them play with the tool before they are expexted to use it fully! what a great project idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelsey for the reassurance. I want students to explore the tool first before I expect a serious project from them. I am still trying to figure out what content area to focus this project in. Right now my third graders are studying fairy tales so it might be easy to start there. Any other ideas?

    ReplyDelete